According to the state Department of Health’s tracking webpage (www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov), six new COVID-19 cases and no new deaths were reported across Northeast Tennessee on Thursday. Sullivan and Washington counties each reported two new cases, for totals of 56 and 66, respectively. Hawkins County reported one new case, for 32 cases, and Carter County rose by one case to 19.
Greene County’s tally of 46 cases was adjusted down by one on the TDH website. Johnson and Unicoi counties remained level at 15 and 3 cases, respectively.
No changes were reported in deaths across the region. Hawkins, Sullivan and Greene counties each remained at two deaths and Carter County at one.
Tennessee statewide reached 16,699 cases in Thursday’s report — a 329-case rise — while the death toll rose by 14 to 287. The statewide testing rate was 4.43%, or 302,317 of the state’s 6.83 million residents.
Across Northeast Tennessee, the county testing rates stood at:
- Hawkins, 1,197 of 56,785, or 2.12%
- Sullivan, 2,835 of 158,348, or 1.79%
- Washington, 2,546 of 129,375, or 1.97%
- Johnson, 1,837 of 17,788, or 10.3%
- Carter, 1,095 of 56,391, or 1.94%
- Greene, 1,479 of 69,069, or 2.14%
- Unicoi, 367 of 17,883, or 2.1%
According to the Virginia Department of Health’s tracking webpage (www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus), the LENOWISCO Health District remained at 42 cases and four deaths after Wednesday’s reported increase of a case and a death in Wise County.
Across the district, case and death totals stood at:
- Lee County, 10 cases
- Norton, two cases
- Wise County, 23 cases and two deaths
- Scott County, seven cases and two deaths
Statewide, Virginia reported 27,813 total COVID-19 cases — a 1,067-case increase from Wednesday’s report. Statewide total deaths rose by 28 to 955. The state testing rate was 1.92%, or 165,486 of the state’s 8.63 million residents.
The LENOWISCO district testing rate stood at 1.66% on Thursday, or 1,439 of 86,471 residents. Testing rates by locality were:
- Lee County, 310 of 23,423 residents, or 1.32%
- Norton, 71 of 3,981 residents, or 1.78%
- Wise County, 732 of 37,383, or 1.96%
- Scott County, 326 of 21,566, or 1.51%